Most gym sessions are spent tightening and toning the areas we consider the most noticeable—butt, stomach, legs. But here’s a secret all top trainers know: Strong back muscles are not only key for an overall defined look, but they’re your best defense against pain, injury, and poor posture for years to come.
These six classic strength moves for how to get rid of back fat target all of the muscles in your upper body to help you banish bra bulge and sculpt a strong, sexy back, and shoulders.
How it works: Three or four days a week, do 1 set of each exercise back to back, with little or no rest in between moves. After the last exercise, rest 1 to 2 minutes, and repeat the full circuit 2 more times (3 times total).
1. T Raises
- Grab a pair of 2- to 3-pound dumbbells and stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Take a slight bend in knees as you shift hips back and lower torso until it’s parallel to the floor.
- Bring weights together and turn palms to face forward.
- Keeping arms straight, lift weights up to shoulder height then lower back down.
- Make sure to keep core and glutes engaged the entire time.
- Do 15 reps.
2. One-Arm Dumbbell Row
- Start off kneeling over the side of a bench by placing the knee and hand of the supporting arm on the bench and then position the opposite foot on the floor.
- Grab a dumbbell from the floor opposite of the side supporting the body and pull the dumbbell up slowly to your chest, feeling a stretch in your back until it almost makes contact with your chest.
- Hold this position for a count, then return slowly back to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 times.
3. Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Raise
- Start off standing in front of an incline bench holding a pair of dumbbells in each hand, bending slightly at your knees and keeping your abs tight.
- Bend over slowly until your forehead touches the top of the bench, keeping your arms handing at your sides and palms facing each other.
- Slowly raise your arms out to their sides, squeezing your deltoids on the ascent.
- Once your arms are parallel with the floor, hold for a count while squeezing your muscles then return back to the starting position.
- Repeat 12 times.
4. Machine Assisted Pull-Ups
- Start off setting up the weight that will allow your body to lower towards the floor and that you would like to perform for this exercise, making sure that the knee rests are in position for your body to rest upon.
- Climb onto the machine and place your knees upon the rest, then once in position grab the pull-up handles above you and lift yourself up towards the ceiling.
- Squeeze your lat and back muscles as your body comes up towards the ceiling until your shoulders are at hand level and hold for a count.
- Return back to the starting position.
- Do 12 reps.
5. Machine Lat Pull-Down
- Start off sitting on a lat pull down machine, grabbing the handles with an overhand grip, keeping your knees positioned underneath the padding and feet flat on the floor.
- Once in position, slowly pull down on the handles and bring them down towards your sides, and squeeze with your lat and back muscles.
- Hold for a count then return back up to the starting position.
- Do 15 reps.
6. Inverted Row
- Start off by taking a barbell and placing it on a rack at about waist level.
- Position yourself underneath the bar, grabbing it with a shoulder width grip and keeping your body extended straight out with heels on the ground.
- Flex up with your elbows, pulling your chest towards the bar until you feel a stretch in your middle to lower back.
- Hold this position for a count then return back to the starting position.
- Repeat for as many reps and sets as desired.
Double Your Effort
While the above exercises will definitely strengthen and sculpt your back, your hard work may not show if you still have excess fat around your back. So, if you end up doing this back workout for some time and your back muscles still aren’t showing, then the most likely explanation is that additional fat covering your body—get rid of that fat and your sculpted muscles will appear.
Now, if you want to get rid of your body fat as quickly as possible, you should consider using a little known detox plan called the Lean Body Hacks.
The Lean Body Hacks is a simple and proven weight loss system that helps woman shed fat fast, effectively and permanently.
One Simple Hack
The Lean Body Hacks system makes you lose fat fast by adding just one simple hack into your daily routine– eating a unique ratio of herbs and spices that has been scientifically proven to boost your metabolism and that forces your body to dissolve your fat cells.
Some of these herbs and spices include:
- Turmeric, which forces your stomach to produce more acidic bile that helps your body melt away fat;
- Fenugreek, which is packed full of fiber that helps keep you full; and
- Ginseng, an ancient Asian herb that works like cayenne peppers on steroids to quickly and more effectively heat up your body as if you did a full work-out (but without doing anything) – while also triggering your digestive system to produce more gut bacteria that helps you digest your food.
Woman who have followed the Lean Body Hacks system have reportedly lost up to 14 pounds in just 9 days. Some women have continued to go on to lose 87 pounds in the following 12 weeks.
And the best part about Lean Body Hacks is that you can continue to eat all your favorite foods. You don’t have to perform a single workout, change your diet or take any dangerous pills or supplements – you will lose all your excess weight as long as you include that one simple hack into your routine everyday.
If you’re a woman who have struggled to lose weight, I urge you to give yourself a chance to transform your body and health in the next 9 days with the Lean Body Hacks weight loss system.